g1

g8

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

SIX TANTALIZING TULIPS TO PLANT NOW

When the gray skies of winter loom in the distance, it’s time to get planting! Tuck in a quiet bed of bulbs and imagine a warm spring with brilliant blooms. “Fall is one of my favorite times to plant,” says Ken Greene with Hudson Valley Seed Library. “Planting in the fall makes me feel like I’m getting the most out of my garden season. There are quick growing seeds that I plant to grow more food and beauty from my garden beds. And there are some long-term sowings that give me something bright or delicious to look forward to in the spring.” At Garden Design, we recently poured over seed catalogs for the newest varieties of bulbs to plant in the fall. We also asked for a few recommended tried-and-true favorites. Here are six gorgeous blooms you should plant now, available from these nationwide seed companies.
Tulip, Orange Flower
Garden Design
Calimesa, CA

 
Why we like it:
Ombre is having its moment in the garden! One of Ken Greene’s favorites, the Cash Tulip is an early -blooming variety that creates a painterly effect in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment